Monday, June 20, 2011

Starting out...

Well, I decided to jump on the band wagon and join the blogging world.  It seems that once you get married it's the thing to do!  Although we don't have kids yet to post cute pictures and posts about, it might help me take a break from my homework!

So to start off, how we met... My mom and Bryson's parents went to school together in Sierra Vista.  My moms little sister Lisa and Laura (Bryson's mom) were best friends.  So my mom, Lisa, and Laura all hung out together.  So that is the background, skip a few years when our mom's grew up and had kids.  When Bryson and I were 5 and 6 years old we met for the first time at my family ranch.

This is us at the ranch, we LOVE this picture!! I look so much bigger than him, #1 I'm a year older #2 I'm closer to the camera... those are by excuses.
 Neither of us remember this but we have a picture to prove it that I will post later.  But years after that instance is when we actually remember meeting.  Bryson went to EAC for one year before his mission and I was in nursing school there.  We knew of each other and hung out a few times, but nothing more than that.  I then finished school and moved up to Mesa and was working as a nurse and he served a mission in Sydney, Australia.  When he came home in May 2010, I posted "Welcome Home!" on his Facebook page with no intentions of anything happening.  His plan was to go to nursing school and claims he "had some questions about nursing" so he started talking to me about that, haha.  So it all took off from there, he was living in Tucson and drove up to Tempe every weekend for a couple months so that we could see each other. In July he ended up moving here and enrolled in school and changed all his plans for ME!  Long story short we dated....got engaged on November 5, 2010... got married December 17, 2010.  Happiest day of my life!!

Since then I have never been happier!  I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man that treats me like a QUEEN!  We are both working and going to school so we have a busy life together.  I am working full time at the hospital as a nurse and going to ASU in the RN-BSN program and finish the program in August, about 6 weeks left, but I'm not counting....  Bryson plans to go to dental school in about 2 years, so he is just finishing up his bachelors and working part time at M&I bank.  He will apply to schools next summer and then we will head off to dental school somewhere summer of 2013.  Starting our life together is so exciting, but scary at the same time.  So many decisions!!  But it is fun to be doing it together.
Cave people, Halloween 2010



Our first vacation together, Cabin July 2010
The day we got engaged, Nov 5, 2010

3 comments:

  1. It looks great, love it!! So I did not know that story of you guys meeting at the Ranch...so cute! Keep the posts coming...you will love the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOVE that picture of you 2 at the ranch. So cute! I'm glad you started a blog, so I can stay caught up on your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Maybe Bryson and Spencer will go to Dental School together, we are applying next year too! Awesome! Anyways, cute pics!

    ReplyDelete