Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our new calling


Sorry for the post overload! I've been bad about updating!  But anyway......
When we first moved into our ward we were called to be the 16yr old Sunday School teachers.  We loved that calling and had some fun kids! It is a good calling because there are no meetings involved, you just show up every Sunday with your lesson prepared and you're good.  So we enjoyed this for about 7 months.  Then we got a call to come in for an interview.  We left the interview with new callings, Bryson the Priest advisor and the Mia Maid advisor for me.  We were so excited! We love working with the youth and we were excited that both of us got the opportunity! Mutual is fun when we have combined activities because we get to be with each other!
A couple weeks ago our YM & YW had a 8 mile backpacking trip and Bryson and I were one of the sets of leaders that went.  Let's just say that may or may not have been my first and last backpacking trip! haha. It was a very tough hike with an extremely rocky trail.  My feet were killing me! And I was worried about my knee a lot of the time, going downhill is tough on it! But I hung with the "fast group," the priests, because I wanted to be with Bryson so I guess it's my own fault. I was the only girl that went with them so I didn't want to complain, I just complained when we got home! Bryson was a good sport for listening to me. We did have a fun time though and it was a good experience for the youth.  We were so proud of them. No we do not have any pictures for proof, thank goodness, I probably wouldn't have looked too happy in them.

But we did have a cool experience for mutual this Wednesday. We were able to go to the Temple and help with the Christmas lights.  I have never done that so I thought it was a cool act of service.  The Mesa temple looks so amazing with all the lights up and it is rather big attraction during the holidays and a good missionary opportunity.  We were excited to play a part in the transformation.

This was some of the section we were in charge of.


The hottie on the left is Brother Bendall, the YW have a mini crush on him...

This picture was supposed to turn out like....


THIS! Cool huh? Bryson's idea.



I love to see the temple!


Two of my cute little Mia Maids!


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so cute. I was so excited to get your post on my blog. I would love to talk to you anytime about the whole process of med school, residency, dermatology, etc. We find out in about 4 weeks if Travis is for sure going to be a Dermatologist. He's actually at an interview right now. Email me, and I'll email you back with my phone number so we can chat. I'll answer any questions. If it's easier to email instead of talk on the phone, that's cool too. britnihamblin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete